Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

The World in Brief


Hello:

I think I have mentioned on occasion my habit (addiction) to reading the newspaper on a daily basis (unless I'm traveling, I read the St. Louis Post Dispatch). I have a tendency to cut out articles that might interest friends, family or colleagues and have recently begun collecting articles that lend themselves to BLOG posts. The result has been a small mountain of articles that I lack the time to pursue as full posts.

To help get a couple of monkeys off my back, I'm going to start making small posts that link to the topics I thought were interesting. Some will relate directly to the Catholic Church and or Liguori Publications, others will not. If a given topic generates interest, we can expand it in later posts.

Today we have 3 mini topics.


Wow - I get take articles off the newspaper mountain and put them in the recycle bin. Hopefully the rest of the day will go so well, in a few hours I get to view that house I'm thinking of buying. I hope I get it and I hope there is something wrong with it in equal measure. Should be interesting.



Peace,

P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

2 Comments:

Blogger Faira said...

I think that it is a good Idea in Theory(vegetarian Holidays) but I don't think it stands a snowballs chance in ---- of catching on! Can I say that here?
Oh well, it has been awhile Philip and I appologize for it. I have been so busy with just that, the holidays. But you have stopped by twice and the quilt set in, LOL! So here I am. And without the time to say much. I love to read on your Blog and theoldladyofthehills blog, too, but when I get busy ... her blog and yours seem to have to slide for a while, just because you do have so much to say, it can never be a quick look or a quick read. Not a bad thing because I enjoy reading your site, but I have to have the time which has been in short supply for me lately.
Forgive me. I will try to make up for it later!

12/14/2005 10:15 AM  
Blogger Lonnie said...

Great post...Nice blog...

Glad I stopped in while in HK...

Cannot see you from the Mainland...

Best..

L

12/17/2005 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home