Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Letters to Santa Followup


Hello:

Today has been a welcome change from the hectic pace of the rest of the month. Almost every Liguori Publications employee is at a sales conference today and the St. Louis metro area has been blanketed with about 3 inches of snow. The halls are unusually quiet and I'm actually getting some work done (all right maybe planning my snow fortress is not technically in my job description). Best of all, we are closing at 3 PM because of the weather. In spite of all that, I just wanted to update my readers on the Letters to Santa project we participated in for the children of the Cheyenne River Reservation.

I was very proud of my cohorts. As you can see from the pictures, we brought in quite a haul. It actually took a van and my Honda Civic to deliver it all to the drop point. 32 children's letters were adopted and the youth center also received some donations. Our Telephone Sales joined together and bought their child a bike and some other goodies!

Don't worry that the pictures don't look festive enough, the youth center asked that the gifts not be wrapped.

Peace,

P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

12-20-05 {I found this post on another BLOG and wanted to share it. Please read Heart Bursting}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home