Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

And the Envelope Please.....

Hello:

I've been feeling some separation anxiety from my BLOG lately. That's a good sign though. One of my goals was to make writing a part of my daily routine. According to the counselor who helps me better direct my ADHD tendencies, writing anything at all on a regular base will help me write my novel. Anxiety or not, I wouldn't be posting today if it weren't time to announce my newest BLOGExplosion billboard tenant.

The candidates are:

  • Haunted House Dressing - I don't even know where to start. This is a pretty immersive experience created by author Jeremy Shipp. Jeremy participates in NaNoWriMo and has a book out which actually reviewed by Piers Anthony (you either know who he is or it isn't your genre). The format is a little dense, but well worth exploring. I been reading this site for months now.
  • Tor's Rants - Tor is a self described "Left-Libertarian Buddhist" who has a real talent for succinct writing. He can take a current topic (politics, religion, cats, cars, whatever) and in
    a couple of short paragraphs make a well informed point. Whether you agree with his opinions or not, the BLOG is well written. I had not seen it before today, but I'll keep reading it now.

Today's pick might have been a tough choice if it weren't for the superior quality of one of our candidates that really made it a slam dunk. Please welcome a notorius promoter of Nun tickling (a sport banned throughout Latin America, Western Europe and 3 of the United States) a consorter of the Cranium Jig Gnomes and caretaker of the Stinky Old Well. Let's give it up for Jeremy Shipp and Haunted House Dressing!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE visit our sponsor and let him know where you came from. While you're at it, let me know you were here!

Well, I have to run. I'm chronically behind. I did get the donations over to the Salvation Army yesterday but there's so much more to do. Parties tonight and tomorrow, Christmas shopping. The house I'm thinking of bidding on is only available to view from 1 to 3 tomorrow. I have a mortgage approval in hand on the off chance that I might want this house that I've only seen from the outside. Did I mention that I love the house I'm in now? How crazy is that? Well, I really have to leave for the gym now. If I don't do something about this Winter weight, my bike frame will snap and Liguori will have to pull a wall out of my office so I can get in.

Peace,

P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

2 Comments:

Blogger Tor said...

Hi, thanks for the kind words. I rented out to HHD once myself, and totally approve of the choice. I like your idea of writing reviews of bidders other than the winner, and will seek to emulate that in future rentals.

Peace,

Tor

12/10/2005 10:59 PM  
Blogger Philip Del Ricci said...

Spam, spam, spam, spam

1/03/2006 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home