Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Gary Graf Hits a Home Run at Liguori


Hello:

This is actually a continuation of an earlier post called Ron Rolheiser and Gary Graf, two Liguori Authors - this post can stand alone, but it would be nice if you started at the other. The basic theme of the first post was to discuss two Liguori authors who have done very well. I discussed Fr. Ron Rolheiser at such great length, that I thought it would be unfair to discuss Gary Graf as well and decided to give him his own post.

Gary Graf is the author of And God Said, Play Ball! Amusing and Thought-Provoking Parallels Between the Bible and Baseball a title that I have mentioned in two previous posts (post 1, post 2). "Play Ball" has been a bit of a sleeper hit. This is Gary's first title with Liguori Publications (I think it might be his first title) and has proven itself as a popular gift book. A real rarity that sells well for Father's Day. We did an initial print run of 5,000 copies back in the Spring with an attractive hardback cover and a price point of $19.95. We don't do a lot of hardbacks here and $19.95 is an expensive price for us. Particularily with a new author this was rare. Well, I'm happy to say that we have less than 200 in stock and expect to sell out before Christmas. We have a reprint on order (which I think will be a paperback) and we expect it to continue selling strongly well into next year. Be sure to check out the sample chapter.

Well I think that I will wrap up by saying that I am thankful for the many things that keep Liguori Publications humming along. Great employees, fantastic employees and the best customers. Please enjoy your holiday!

Peace,

P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

[01/04/06 - We have sold out of the hardback version of And God Said, Play Ball! Amusing and Thought-Provoking Parallels Between the Bible and Baseball by Gary Graf. We have replaced it with a paperback version. I wish we had this problem more often. Feel free to read a sample chapter P. Del Ricci ]

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelly said...

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

11/24/2005 11:45 AM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/04/2005 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home