Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Ron Rolheiser and Gary Graf two Liguori Authors


Hello:

I sometimes discuss (or at least allude to) the difficulties of the publishing industry in general and religious publishing more specifically (see Difficult Decisions for Liguorian Magazine). Today, I am thrilled to discuss Fr. Ron Rolheiser, OMI and Gary Graf; two authors who represent bright spots here at Liguori Publications.

Fr Ron is a member of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate and the President of the Oblate School of Theology in San Antonio. The Oblates are the same order which maintain the Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows in Illinois and that I spoke briefly about in an earlier post. He is considered to be an author of international authority who is beginning to cross over into secular markets. He writes a weekly column that is carried by more than 50 newspapers throughout the world and has authored several best selling books. He is truly a world class author.

Liguori has just begun working with Fr. Ron to publish additional material. I would love to show you a link to the Advent Daybreaks product he wrote for us this year, but I can't - we have all ready sold out the entire print run of 128,000! Daybreaks are small $1.00 products sold in bulk but still, this is huge for us. I guess in the scheme of things, these are the types of problems to have. Fr. Ron has just begun a podcast of daily reflections pulled from his Advent Daybreaks that even I find interesting to listen to. You can see the 2006 Lent and Easter Daybreaks by Fr. John F. Kavanaugh, SJ. He is also a world class author, but we'll talk about him another time.

We expect to be working closely with Fr. Ron in the future, but for the moment we are only carrying En Busca De Espiritualidad: Lineamientos para una Espiritualidad Cristiana del Siglo XXI which was printed by another publisher called Lumen. Obviously an author of this caliber who can write in Spanish is a natural tie-in for our Libros Liguori line.

Wow - this post really got away from me (big surprise). In order to do justice to Gary Graf and his book And God Said, Play Ball! Amusing and Thought-Provoking Parallels Between the Bible and Baseball, I'm going to give him a separate post.

Peace,

P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass


[01/04/06 - We have sold out of the hardback version of And God Said, Play Ball! Amusing and Thought-Provoking Parallels Between the Bible and Baseball by Gary Graf. We have replaced it with a paperback version. I wish we had this problem more often. Feel free to read a sample chapter P. Del Ricci ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home