Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Progress

Hello:

Just what is progress anyway? I was asking myself this a few minutes ago while simultaneously riding my bike trainer, reading a magazine on internet marketing and fretting that a.) I haven't updated this BLOG properly in awhile, b.) I have done nothing on the writing project with my Grandfather and c.) I have not written anything for my novel in months. Never mind all that I have accomplished (buying a new house, helping Br. Secundo start his BLOG, watching Law&Order ). I only seem capable of focusing on what didn't happen.

This may be one of those posts where a little more of the maddness slips in (cue the "Mad Scene of Lucia di Lamermoor") but you have all been warned that there is a strong personal element to this BLOG. In a lot of ways, I use this BLOG to keep me in the habit of writing. It isn't necessary that the writing be on target or even good, just the act of writing on a regular basis helps me to break down some of the walls that I so skillfully build.

Hmmm, this moment seems to have passed and I think that I should let it. Perhaps tomorrow I'll discuss some of the things happening at Liguori Publications.

Peace,

P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass


PS - The most heartwrenching rendition I have ever heard of the Lucia's mad scene is from the soundtrack of The Fifth Element. Buy it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good one there. Yeh, what is progress.. I think it must be in the "eye of the beholder"... Sometimes I do a ton of stuff but feel I've got nowhere, whilst other times I do hardly a thing and really feel I've accomplished something. Could it be something to do with the things I want to do?

12/22/2005 10:41 AM  
Blogger Philip Del Ricci said...

I dropped by one of Derek's BLOGs to thank him for visiting Dark Glass. I noticed from his profile that he is a hypnotist. I wonder if he's ever treated ADHD or if he's found hypnosis is effective with helping people prioritize? I have heard people rave about it helping them to quit smoking.

Just think - if you leave a comment, I'll come visit your BLOG too.

Peace,
P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

12/27/2005 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home