Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Friday, November 18, 2005

Charles de Foucauld beatified


Hello:

I'd like to draw attention to an excellent post my buddy SimpleBrother wrote yesterday at Saintly Sinner. His post,Holy Eccentric, is a compelling piece that was inspired by the recent beatification of Charles de Foucauld. Foucauld was a French priest who was martyred in 1916 while living the life of a simple hermit in Algeria. Dave (Simple Brother) does a beautiful job of doing more than just featuring a Liguori Publications title. He actually reflects on readings from 15 Days of Prayer With Charles de Foucauld by Michel Lafon and discusses how those thoughts resonate within his own life.

I actually find myself a little envious of Dave's ability to write in this style. By sharing himself in this fashion, he makes the spirituality of Foucauld personal and accessible. This is a perfect example of the type of writing I envision in Liguori BLOGs to create Faith Based Community.

I'm tempted now to continue this post by discussing My Fascination with Saints and referencing two additional titles, but sometimes less is more.


Peace,
P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

[added 11/22/05] I found this amusing article with a reference to Sisters from the order of The Little Sisters of Jesus. The amusing thing is that they do their work through "Circus Ministry". The Little Brothers of Jesus and the Little Sisters of Jesus weren't exactly founded by Charles de Foucauld, but his death was the inspiration for their formation.

1 Comments:

Blogger zandperl said...

Thanks for renting my blog (or a corner therein), Modern Science, via BlogExplosion! Since you're a topic my readers might actually be interested in (rather than a random blog), I did a brief review, which will hopefully send more readers your way. If you didn't check out the content of my blog, we tend to be against some Church doctrines, so I asked them to play nice if they come visit you. :)

11/18/2005 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home