Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Billboard Shopping Madness

Hello:

This past weekend, I got a little carried away with buying billboard space on BLOGExplosion. I've built up quite a war chest of credits and I started spending them like crazy. I was pushed on by the fact that I usually lose these bids and have to try for several before I find any takers. More than likely I just get turned down because someone else is a better fit or was just the first bidder. It might even be the semi-religious nature of this site but surely it isn't an unvoiced commentary on the quality of material here on Dark Glass..... Anyway, I ended up winning not 1 but 4 bids! That will teach me. As a small reward for the BLOGs that are willing to rent to me, I'll list them here.


  • In Susan's Words - Susan gets extra mention because she joined the Liguori Focus Group AND left a comment. Way to go Susan! Please visit her site, she is very generous with sharing her thoughts, emotions and life experiences. Many of her posts focus on her divorce and life as a single mom. (She also cycles).
  • Don's Thoughts II - Don is a great host and left a very nice welcome post for me when I rented from him. I can't imagine where he found the time - he's working on his dissertation, runs his BLOG and finds time to read. He also has an interest in Native American spiritual beliefs. Which is a nice segue into... I hope to post tomorrow about a charity that I just discovered that fulfills "Santa" letters for children on the Great Sioux Reservation.
  • Your Last Meal - This is a decidedly unusual BLOG which chronicals the last known meals of a variety of famous and notorious people. What can I say? P. Del Ricci likes to eat - which reminds me that I should go stir that big pot of chili in the kitchen.
  • It Doesn't Have 2 Rain all the Time - Difficult for me to summarize, but the author seems to have a great deal of social consciousness.

Feel free to check them out and if you leave them a comment - tell them that you came from Dark Glass. More importantly, if you leave them a comment - LEAVE ME A COMMENT. I know people are reading the site, I can see the stats. Speaking of stats here are a few for this site.

  • We (I?) get more than 600 visits a week.
  • Less than half of that comes from BLOGExplosion.
  • The average visit is just over 1 minute. Considering that most referrals from BLOGExplosion stay exactly 30 seconds, a 1 minute is pretty good.
  • I get very few visitors from search engines but many that come in that way are searching for cookbooks.
  • I'm proud to say that A Nuerotic Closet Bitch (my first billboard renter) has all ready gotten more clicks from this site than I have ever gotten from renting another site. THANK YOU for supporting her.

Tomorrow I intend to discuss the Cheyenne River Youth Project - hopefully I can avoid meetings long enough to write it. Of course, I have several thoughts about how this effort relates to Liguori Publications. I'll keep you posted. I would write more but fortunately for you, I think my chilli is ready.



Peace,

P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelly said...

I enjoyed reading your last few posts. Sounds like you have been pretty busy! I haven't checked outthat whoe renting thing on Blogexplosion, but maybe I will. Have a great rest of the week!

11/16/2005 8:20 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Thanks for renting my blog. Visit my blog to read my intro to your blog. Peace.

11/17/2005 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home