Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Left eye focused - right eye not

Hello:

I made the mistake of starting today's post yesterday. Just dropping in little snippets as they occured to me. The result may be more patchwork than normal. It might be better if I broke topics into separate posts - I guess I'll just have to find my way through guidelines like that. I just decided to break this into at least 2 posts, but I thought I would leave what I had all ready written.


Yesterday, I signed up for Liguori's first Google ads. Since it was mostly a research exercise, I didn't want to spend a fortune. I actually limited it to $15 per day. I'm promoting the book to the right so I picked some key words that could have broken the bank. Bible, Baseball, etc. Since 6 PM yesterday - I've spent about $1. I think my budget will be safe for now.

Going forward, I think I am going to try and highlight one of our titles with each posting. Hopefully, it will drive sales. If nothing else, the cover art will make my BLOG more interesting looking. Today's title is: "And God Said, Play Ball!Amusing and Thought-Provoking Parallels Between the Bible and Baseball" by Gary Graf. It's been a popular title so far because it is so accessible and light hearted. Not my cup of tea (I'm not a big baseball fan and I'm not Catholic) but a fun book none-the-less. Patricia Rice of the St Louis Post-Dispatch, did a nice review of it back in April. You can also read a sample chapter.

Liguori is located just outside of St. Louis, AKA the "Rome of the West"; so don't be surprised that a lot of St Louis references make it into this BLOG.

I need to run off now to attend a lecture (I'll talk more about that in the next post). I would have liked to have posted all of this content at once, but it will be a while before I have time to post the rest of it and I want to get this out. I wouldn't want to disappoint the hoards of readers that rush to this BLOG each day.

Peace,

P. Del Ricci

[01/04/06 - We have sold out of the hardback version of And God Said, Play Ball! Amusing and Thought-Provoking Parallels Between the Bible and Baseball by Gary Graf. We have replaced it with a paperback version. I wish we had this problem more often. Feel free to read a sample chapter P. Del Ricci ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home