Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Still Here

Hello:

The rumors of my death are slightly (but only slightly) exaggerated. I hadn't really intended to be off the air for so long but the demands of getting the old house on the market, the new house ready to move into and several projects at work have just about buckled me. I'm through the worst (the old house should go on the market tomorrow) and I should start BLOGging again next week.

In the mean time - I wanted to share this little tid-bit. I was boxing up papers in my office at home to move them to the new house. For some reason my agent didn't see stacks of papers, books and magazines as much of a selling point. (Some people lack perspective.) Anyway, I started reading some of the pages of my novel that I had actually written. Most were just over a year old (I was literally blowing dust off some of them). The amazing thing was, I liked what I read. I couldn't believe it. It was an incredibly positive experience and I'm looking forward to being able to dive back in.

Peace,

P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy coming by your site and reading a bit. It's often my experience that when I pull out something I had previously written, it sounds surprisingly good. Not always, though. :( Occasionally, I see that I have learned to be a better writer now than I was then.

Blessings,

shirley

4/23/2006 12:50 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Perhaps an excerpt can grace this blog? ;)

Cheers,
-Will

5/01/2006 1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »

3/02/2007 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home