Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Friday, April 07, 2006

A Few Things I Forgot to Mention

Hello:

I recently decided to do a collection of more serious and in-depth posts (that's right folks, for your cutting edge news stay tuned to Dark Glass). I started with Terri Schiavo and planned to follow with Pro Life vs Pro Birth, immigration, child sexual abuse and the stance of the Catholic Church on homosexuality. Unfortunately, life has hit me like a freight train recently and I haven't even posted the immigration article that is all ready mostly written. I still plan to write this series, but it may be a few weeks. Certainly after Easter.

My work at Liguori Publications has been intense. We are implementing a completely new enterprise computer system. This would normally be a tremendous project in its own right, but for us is merely a staging project to prepare for creating an entirely new and fully integrated e-commerce, digital content and web platform.

I still haven't moved into the new house that I've owned since December. They started refinishing the floors earlier this week and I should be able to move things onto them next Thursday. I'd like to put the old house on the market next week, but everything I work on seems to take 4 times longer than I expect. I took today off work and have spent the entire time installing a shower in the upstairs bathroom. Sometime I'll have to share a picture of the primative shower I've been using for the past 6 years......

I've put a lot of care and effort into this house over the years. I hope the new owners both enjoy and appreciate it. You won't find many finishing here that came from Home Depot if you know what I mean.

In the odd moment (and trust me, most of my moments have been odd lately), I've rented billboard space from several BLOGExplosion members. All of whom have been splendid hosts.

Imago Dei - A relatively new Christian BLOG and an interesting read. I'm glad to be renting from it and glad to have found it.





Footsteps of Love - Another Christian which is new to me and that I'm glad I've found. Check out the pics of the Lego Church.





The Dramedy of Life - for more than you probably wanted to know about this site read my recent review.





In other news, I registered Dark Glass at the LSBlog.Com list directory.

Listed in LS Blogs

And finally, I signed up at BLOGmad - the new BLOG exchange that's shaking BLOGExplosion's world. I'll let you know which I like better in a few weeks.




Whew - I'm out of breath and I don't think that new light in the bathroom is going to wire itself.....

Peace,

P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

4 Comments:

Blogger 4given4ever said...

Thank you for mentioning my site. I'm glad you visited and I hope you will be back often. I put your link to your site on mine. God Bless you!

4/08/2006 7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello again. Always enjoy your posts. I want to personally thank you for visiting my site and for commenting. Celebrate with me: I just had my 1000th hit!

Blessings,

Shirley

4/10/2006 10:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for mentioning my site! Keep checking back for updates! It was a pleasure linking to you for the past week.

4/10/2006 11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... ambien online Hjc jackets Dishwasher maytag cincinnati Boats and boating equipment and supplies Repainting old kitchen chairs Pachislo+slot+machines+jukebox Pregnancy wellbutrin xl Solar powerd oven Will i get a tax refund Hummer snowplow virus scan French demi bra 14 year old liposuction new york ferrari dealer Motorola v60 ringtones free

3/06/2007 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home