Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Dramedy of Life


Hello:

Today I'd like to talk about this week's BLOGExplosion Billboard Renter. WAIT, STOP!!! Don't go away! This week's renter is very special and I want you to hear about her. This week's renter is none other than the lovely Miz Savannah, aka Shelly, of The Dramedy of Life.

Shelly has been special to me ever since we first crossed paths. She was one of the very first people to leave a comment at Dark Glass, she was THE first person to link to Dark Glass from her BLOG and she has been a valuable source of encouragement and support.

The Dramedy of Life, is a VERY professional looking site (she had a custom template created a little while back). Between the professional look of the site and her well written reviews of current television programming, you'd think she was a network shill. As far I can tell, she's just a Lady who tells it as she sees it. Hey, I saw that. Stop rolling your eyes! Believe it or not, her writing style makes these reviews actually interesting.

She is also an avid reader (yes, Shelly I still owe you that list) who shares my love for vampire thrillers. How cool is that? Whereas I ALMOST participated in last year's NaNoWriMo contest, Shelly actually did it (or started it anyway). You know about NaNoWriMo right? It's the annual contest where thousands of lemmings try to write an entire novel in a month. Most find it easier to jump off a cliff.

I know it sounds like I'm endorsing her political candidacy, but The Dramedy of Life really is worth reading. Sure I feel a little guilty that I didn't get this welcome post up several days ago, but a project at work (that would be Liguori Publications) kicked into high gear and I just haven't had the time. Speaking of me being late with this post, Shelly will only be here for a few more days - PLEASE VISIT HER SITE.

Peace,

P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

4 Comments:

Blogger Shelly said...

That was the best welcome post I have EVER had! Thanks! I'm not sure I can live up to the hype though! :o) You do still owe me that list, but I know where you are -- virtually speaking anyway -- and it's not like I don't have 300 books in the ol' TBR pile.

We do go quite a ways back and out of all my links you are the only original blog I still read. The list has changed many times, but you have a "reserved for life" spot on the blogroll!

Thanks again and good luck at work!

PS - I never finished NaNoWriMo either, but was too ashamed to admit that I was too lazy this year! :o)

4/06/2006 12:17 AM  
Blogger jungle said...

just wanted to thank you for taking the time to read my blog and post a comment. yours is an interesting one.

a southern baptist working for the catholic church!?

i was also raised southern baptist so excuse me if i seem to find that idea rather amusing.

keep up the good work.

4/06/2006 12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a fairly new blogger (2 months) and only today came across your blog. I love it, especially the way you write. Didn't read too much as you convinced me to gallop over to Shelly's site. I'll be back, though.

Hope you enjoy looking at my site, also.

Blessings on your life.

Shirley

4/06/2006 1:48 PM  
Blogger Kaileena Suza said...

hi there,
id like to do link exchange/blogrolling with u
plz let me know if u interested

Email : laughingmachine@gmail.com
Website: http://laughingmachine.blogpspot.com

4/08/2006 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home