Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Today at Liguori


Hello:

I'm hoping this will be a short and sweet post about a new free service we've added at the Liguori Publications website. Things have been known to get away from me - so we'll see where we end up. We're calling the new service Today at Liguori. For the moment it consists of two daily readings / reflections; Saint of the Day and Daily Strength. As the name implies, the readings change each day.

Today at Liguori


"Today at Liguori" is deceptively simple in its appearance. The functionality is fairly advanced and points the way to the future of publishing. Yep, seriously - this little daily reading applet is a proof of concept project for a much larger effort. The two titles the content is drawn from have been manipulated into an XML format and each day's reading is automatically displayed on the site. We're working on a number of nifty little tricks to take advantage of this approach. A pet project of mine is to be able to offer automated daily feeds of our content that could be plugged into BLOGs. I'll keep you posted on how that turns out. Feel free to drop me a line if you have a suggestion for future offerings.

In case you were wondering (or even if you weren't), the Saint of the Day is taken from Be Mindful of Us: Prayers to the Saints by Anthony F. Chiffolo. The Daily Strength reading is taken from Daily Strength: One Year of Experiencing the Psalms by Victor M. Parachin.

Well, I seem to have kept this post to a reasonable length. For good or bad, my next posts should be back to my typical ramble. Until then...

Peace,

P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home