Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Where does the time go?

Hello:

Sad to think about, but it's all ready time to say goodbye to last week's BLOGExplosion renter - Beautiful Life. It's not too late to stop by Antony's BLOG and I still recommend it. Wow, it's great to have such quality renters.

The last time around we had SEVEN bidders. Which, while very flattering, makes choosing difficult and takes awhile to write reviews for. This time, I upped the price to 40 credits (I usually charge 30) and I'm making my choice from among 3 quality bids. I mean that by the way - tough choices. Three quality sites, each with an artistic flair. Two of which have bid before. Hmmmmmmm.

This week's candidates are:

Full Metal Photographer: Let's see. Owned by Kelly, a male Law Student who is not only a great (and I mean that) photographer but has enough breadth of interests (Heavy metal to Paradise Lost) that he's probably an interesting person. Oh sure, some people may not care for the photo of the Gummy Bear Crucifixation - but I've always been a firm believer that art should challenge, provoke or inspire. That shot does all three (my own opinion, you may not agree).


My Waisted Life: A stylish little BLOG written by Madbull, the Belgian bartender. Madbull bid on my site back in December. The writing is edgy, the feel is trendy. It makes me want to pull up a stool and order the signature cocktail. WARNING: The writing is edgy, which means adult themes and language are used / discussed.


Winsome Gunning Art. Interesting, beautiful and thought provoking. This site features original art work as well as poems and more traditional BLOG posts. Winsome bid last week, and I've been happily purusing her site ever since.


As always, tough choices. I think that's a good problem to have. This is probably a good time to remind everyone that though this BLOG deals mostly with Catholic themes and my work at Liguori Publications; THIS IS MY PERSONAL BLOG and DOES NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OR OPINIONS OF LIGUORI PUBLICATIONS.

Anyway, who to pick? Well Madbull has bid before and the longest time ago. I'm sitting at home drinking a Tequila Sunrise and wondering if he can help me reconstruct this fantastic cocktail I had in Torino at the AB + club. Yea - you guessed it. Please welcome my newest tenant - My Waisted Life.


Peace,

P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

4 Comments:

Blogger Full Metal Attorney said...

Thanks for posting a link anyway!

3/06/2006 12:30 AM  
Blogger Shelly said...

Darn, I wanted to bid on you! Figures it would be the two nights I don't look at what's for rent. I'll bid one day! LOL I want that list, P! You keep coming over to my blog teasing me!!! :o)

3/07/2006 2:47 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Thought I would drop a comment because I am one of Crystal Clear's regular readers. I am an Australian Catholic living in the parish of St. Bernadette's Castle Hill.

Yesterday, we had the feast of the Annunciation and we double celebrated with the final profession of vows to the Sisters of Mercy by our Pastoral Associate, Sr. Judy McLeod.

Sr. Judy's story is interesting because she is a mother, grandmother, former minister of the Uniting Church, and now she has taken her final vow and become a bride of Christ.

3/25/2006 10:35 PM  
Blogger Philip Del Ricci said...

Maggie:

Thanks for stopping by. I just put up the welcome post for Crystal Clear and hope it starts some lively conversation. Crystal Clear and Dark Glass.

I'm going to look into the people and places that you mentioned. They could make for good BLOG topics.

Peace,
P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

3/27/2006 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home