Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Back from the Olympics

Hello!

WOW! I had the best trip of my life. It was interesting to me though that the only thing I missed about internet access was this BLOG. I was tempted to use a hotel connection or internet cafe' a couple of times just to drop a quick note, but I know myself too well and realized that I would get buried in work email. I'm still getting my legs back under me here at work, so I won't jump into writing about my trip just yet. Let's welcome my newest BLOGExplosion renter and I'll try to write a fuller post tomorrow.

This week 7 people bid to advertise their BLOG on Dark Glass. I love it that that many people are interested. I'm also happy that several of them have rented from me before and so must have found it worth-while. In no particular order, the bidders were:

Haunted House Dressing. This is a pretty immersive experience created by author Jeremy Shipp. The format is a little dense, but well worth exploring. I've been a fan of this site for quite some time. Despite the author being an unrepentant nun-tickler, it is worth a visit. Jeremy has been a previous renter.

...in the outer. Also known as "Not Your Moma's Religion and Spirituality Blog". I like this BLOG a lot and visit regularily. The site is written by 'The Bloke' - who I would describe as a thinking Christian. His BLOG is thought provoking and worth the visit. He is a previous bidder.


Winsome Gunning Art. Interesting, beautiful and thought provoking. This site features original art work as well as poems and more traditional BLOG posts. This is the first time I had seen the site, but it won't be the last.




My Corner of the Web. The up and coming BLOG of a 35 year old Bassoon player named Suzanne. I bet that's tough to get through airport security.





Dorene Lorenz. Dorene's site is another one that's new to me. It was giving me some trouble to view properly in my browser, but the writing seems witty and worthwhile. Dorene serves on the City Council of the city of Seward, Alaska (a beautiful city I was briefly in 6 years ago). I'll make a point to visit her again.


Beautiful Life. Tough to describe really but I like it. Antony Manjooran has struck up an interesting dynamic with a repeat anonymous poster that just sort of draws you in. There's something about the simple design that is also intriguing. I just placed a bid to try and rent his billboard (at 42 credits, it seems a little pricey to me - but I do like the BLOG).


Real Thought. These are the thoughts of Doug, a self described "conservative native Californian". Doug is strongly interested in a variety of topics including politics. He seems firmly committed to his viewpoints, but doesn't try to bash anyone else into acceptance. I found some interesting reading here.


Whew! It takes a while to do that for 7 sites. So who did I pick? What can I say? It's a Beautiful Life. Please do stop by my renter and leave a comment (after you leave one here of course). I had several really great sites to choose from and I hope that they will all try again next week. Tomorrow, I hope to start sharing some pictures from my Olympics trip and talk up some product from Liguori Publications.

Peace,

P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

3 Comments:

Blogger Shelly said...

Great to see you back! And your doing the battles! :o) Hope you had a great time in Italy!

2/23/2006 9:48 PM  
Blogger the bloke said...

Thanks for the link and write-up! I hope to bid again in the future, and get the coveted spot on your blog! :)

2/24/2006 9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link and the very kind review. I look forward to your tales of Italy.

2/25/2006 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home