Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Keep Talking

Hello:

It's been a crazy week or so. Cheesy expressions like "I'm drowning in a sea of blessings" or "Too much of a good thing" keep coming to mind, but I'll spare us all and not use them. In brief, life has been very good to me. I have a new house, I'm taking my first trip to Europe next month, I got free tickets to several events at the 2006 State Farm U.S. Figure Skating Championships and sales have been increasing on the Liguori Publications web site. As far as problems go, sign me up for more of these.

In other good news. I have finally been able to rent my BLOG to Scooter McGavin. This is the 4th time Scooter has bid for the BLOGExplosion billboard on Dark Glass and circumstances have always caused me to pick another renter. Scooter was my first bid and I closed the auction as soon as I saw his submission. Please take a moment to visit our guest where you can read some well written media reviews.

I need to go hang some blinds at the new house before I go to the exhibitions at the Figure Skating Championships this afternoon (I am starting to get really jazzed for my trip to the Turin Olympics). My friend Liane's house was broken into last week and I am a little more conscious about my house sitting empty while I creep along on getting moved in.

I picked an odd product from Liguori to feature today. I was inspired to pick Keep Talking: Daily Conversation Starters for the Family Meal because I been thinking alot about the importance of keeping a BLOG active. It's true that I've been helping Br. Secundo Pia keep Mystic Alchemy up to date, but I still need to find more time to work on Dark Glass. Keep Talking was written by Maureen Treacy Lahr and Julie Pfitzinger to help families communicate more easily. I was originally put off by the cartoon on the front but the conversational topics are real world and interesting. It does not have a heavy religious feel to it and should sell well in secular bookstores as well as our normal channels. I think this potential for strengthening any relationships not just those between parents and children.

I'll leave you with this thought. If there is any single thing we can each do to make the world a better place. It is to communicate more often and more clearly with one another. Communication on it's own cannot always form acceptance but it frequently serves as the seed for understanding.

Peace,

P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

6 Comments:

Blogger Tarun Jacob said...

interesting thoughts on communication

1/17/2006 9:39 PM  
Blogger Scooter McGavin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1/18/2006 10:32 AM  
Blogger Scooter McGavin said...

Thanks for the plug and the kind words. Also I totally agree with your comments on communication. Some people are too stuburned to get another side of a story and would benifeit from more communication.

1/18/2006 10:35 AM  
Blogger Trudging said...

Great Blog

1/18/2006 1:46 PM  
Blogger Philip Del Ricci said...

I'm pleased that so many people have read and responded to this post. Thank you all.

Peace,
P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

1/18/2006 3:09 PM  
Blogger Christian Prophet said...

What ever happened to the Catholic charismatic movement? Is it still around. I've read messages from the Holy Spirit on The Holy Inheritance blog and it seems that very strong faith, even certainty, comes from these experiences.

1/18/2006 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home