Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Free Cookbooks are Gone


Hello:

The last of the free cookbooks [post1, post2] are gone (or at least spoken for). Honestly, they lasted longer than I expected - I think people were suspicious of free. I've all ready heard back from a couple of people that have received theirs. I ended up sending books to (relatively) my own back yard in Columbia, Missouri to both the left and right coasts and even to France. This was a fun way for me to reward my readers and something that I'll try to do from to time.

This is actually a "micro-post" (one topic only) for me, so I'm going to wrap up by plugging a Liguori Publications product and then work on a "macro-post" (long-winded ramble). Now that everyone is brainwashed about how great Liguori cookbooks are, you might want to give them as Christmas gifts. We recently slimmed our cookbook line to three books (as our cooks did anything but slim). My current favorite is Twelve Months of Monastery Soups by Brother Victor-Antoine d'Avila-Latourrette (who has written several books for us). This one was actually popular on QVC for awhile and has done very well for us.

Must resist urge to add a new topic. Arghhh, I'm out of here.

Peace,

P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

4 Comments:

Blogger Faira said...

Philip, I recieved my cook book a couple days ago, "From Saint Hildegard's Kitchen", I love it. from the short biography of Saint Hildegard herself, born in Germany in 1098, she was a prolific writter, even established a mixed monastary, of Nuns and Monks in 1150. She believed sadness and an unhealthy diet caused disease. I was fascinated with the short story of her life!

If you have any of the soup cook books left, I will pay the postage! Ha, ha! If I had known what great books these were I would have paid for one of each!

I have found this one to be not only full of great old time recipes but great reading for Saint Hidegards causes and cures, Table Graces, tips terms and full of foods that bring Joy. Thank you

10/19/2005 9:35 AM  
Blogger Faira said...

Oh, and Philip, You sent along with my cook book a publication of Liguorian. It also was great reading and a publication to be proud of. I read it from cover to cover. I really liked the comparison stories of gardens and Spiritual living. And the memoriam of John Paul II 1920-2005 was very well done, it helped me see the Man behind the Pope (does that make sense?). Thank you for sending it to me, I enjoyed it very much!

10/19/2005 9:50 AM  
Blogger Philip Del Ricci said...

Faira:

I'm so glad you enjoy it. Nothing but the best for my readers! I'll try to do things like this periodically, so keep dropping by.

I appreciate the summary that you did too.

Peace,
P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

10/19/2005 2:18 PM  
Blogger Philip Del Ricci said...

Faira:

I'm glad that you enjoyed the magazine. I'm planning on talking about the magazine and some recent business developments with it in the next day or so.

Peace,
P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

10/19/2005 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home