Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Thursday Ramble



Hello:

It's been another busy week here at Liguori Publications and I've found myself working on a wider variety of projects than usual. I tried writing about them in letter form but it didn't work, instead I'm pulling out the bullet points. Hmmm, the bullets don't seem to play nice with the product images. This may turn out to be an oddly formatted post. OK, now I've decided that I hate bullets and I'm trying asterisks.


Before we get into the bullets, asterisks, pumpkins or whatever else they turn out to be; I get to do my little ramble. It's my BLOG and that's what I get to do ;-} I was excited when I came in today - I HAD NO MEETINGS SCHEDULED. This almost never happens. I immediately drew up an ambitious list for the day. The day is almost over and I have gotten through exactly 3 of those things. One of them was eat at Tequila's Mexican restaurant down the road.



*I still have cookbooks to give away. Don't be shy!

*Next week I hope to start an on-line focus group (I will definitely be asking my BLOG readers to participate). I'm planning on using Yahoo Groups to run the whole thing.

*We are in negotiations with a prominent artist from Mexico (who I can't name just yet) to begin selling images of his work electronically, in both hi and lo-res formats. If you buy this type of thing, I would love to know what you would typically be willing to pay.

*The "Bodega" project I mentioned before has slowed to a crawl but is still moving forward. I thought for certain I had written about this before, basically we are looking to promote our Libros Liguori line by placing product in local Bodegas and Tiendas.

*We have a new BLOG in place promoting Theological Book Services it's a little more straight forward than this BLOG, but I suspect the owner will get more creative over time. Please check out Bookviews.

*More information has come in regarding the Seelos shrine in New Orleans. Seelos is on of the Redemptorist Saints and we carry a few titles about him.

*We're going to do a new Google ad throughout November. We'll be featuring Pedir posada con Maria y José: Nueve noches de oración and the english version Traveling with Mary and Joseph: Praying las Posadas both written by my good friend Father Mathew Kessler, C.Ss.R. Padre Mateo (as we call him) is the editor of Libros Liguori and the man who organized the Spanish classes that I take each Monday night (someday I'll be able to forgive him for that, but not today).

Well, I should wrap this up and see if I knock item off of my list. "Clean my office". How bad could that be? Of course if I could just get rid of these cookbooks.........

Peace,
P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home