Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Absentee Landlord No More

Hello:

It really wasn't that long ago that I was completely immersed in the whole BLOG 'thing'. I started Dark Glass for several reasons but chiefly to promote my company, Liguori Publications, and to train myself to become a little freer with my writing (as you can see, I now easily settle for less than perfection). For most of 2006, I didn't have the time, energy or focus to keep up with my own BLOG. It wasn't long after I started neglecting Dark Glass, that the other BLOGs in the Liguori family began to look run down as well. Feel sorry for the Simple Brother at Saintly Sinner, pity Br. Secundo Pio at Mystic Alchemy - I'll be snapping the whip in 2007! I'm also working with two new writers (that is cajolling, whining and stalking) to expand the Liguori BLOG community with a Liguorian Magazine themed BLOG and a Libros Liguori BLOG focused on Hispanic Ministry. I'll keep you posted on those.

So this marks my third post since my return to BLOGville and have settled back into the old habits pretty quickly. I close my eyes and see BLOGexplosion. When I dream, I dream of BLOGmad. Despite the new found enthusiasm, I have deferred a lot of maintenance and am now playing catch-up. I should probably have waited to build my traffic up again but with the super low rent of only 10 BLOGexplosion credits - I went ahead and advertised for a new border. That said, please welcome (and by 'welcome' I mean click the billboard) Gaby, the forever 17 Glamour Girl! This lovely Senorita hails from Mexico (a country which has corrupted me with its beautiful beaches, fattening cuisine and tequila). Her BLOG really stands out to me. Her typical posts are quite short and usually involve everyday life. At first I rolled my eyes about reading the everyday life of a 17 year girl, but somehow her writing style carrys it off. One of her posts, Perfume De Violetas, is disturbing and stuck with me.

Well, I need to get my day started. I'm having a few friends drop by tomorrow night to help me usher in the 2007 and surprisingly, my house isn't clean. The soundtrack in my mind is playing "17 Again" by Annie Lennox - take that as another hint to visit Gaby.

Peace,

P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick Payne said...

I too was once an outsider on the inside. I was raised Anglican but schooled Roman Catholic.

The weird thing is, pretty much all the R.C kids in my year either became cynical and resentful... or atheists. I was the only one who seemed to benefit from being confronted with a slightly different culture of my own. It really made me think about what I believed.

12/31/2006 12:20 PM  
Blogger Gabriela said...

Hi

Thanks for the intro, and also for renting my blog, I hope you enjoy your stay. I don't provide much traffic, but I still have a few readers that can visit you.

Sorry if this visit took me so long, I've been a little busy.

1/01/2007 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home