Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I Feel So Dirty

Hello:

That post title ought to catch the attention of a search engine or two. I am home sick again (day 2). Sore throat is gone (burned away by the spicy Thai soup I had for dinner) but has been replaced by a stuffy sinusy thing. I don't get sick very often and I don't make a good patient. I titled the post "I Feel So Dirty" because I just got back from shopping at the Evil Empire. I shop at SAMs because the prices are just too good to pass up but the gross consumption and gluttony of it always sickens me. God willing, I will never need to buy Kleenex again! Sometimes when I shop there, I indulge myself in a petty act of vigilantism. I only buy as much as I can carry. Their stores are completely designed around people having those SUV sized carts and when you check out they have no place to put your purchases. When asked why I don't have a cart I always answer "If I can't carry it, I probably don't need it". I then promptly begin feeling sorry for the poor checker who I've just made miserable. I would make a horrible villian. Damn my conscience.

I realize the site is looking pretty drab. I'll try to post some pictures later today to brighten it up. I'm also playing around with some changes to the template. Thanks to Blog Explosion I've had several hundred new visitors to my site and have looked at a few hundred other sites. I need to make some MAJOR improvements to keep up with the Joneses.

Check back today. I'll try to post some pictures and tell the story of "The Monster Under My Bed". Eventually, I'll get back to talking about my work at Liguori Publications.

Peace,

P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelly said...

I'm sorry to hear you're still feeling bad! Hope you kick it soon!

~ Shelly

9/14/2005 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home