Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Blog Explosion Blogmarks

Hello:

I've been pretty busy this weekend and didn't post yesterday. Today's post will be pretty straightforward but at least it will be a post. I'll be in Chicago a few days this coming week, so my posts will be pretty erratic for awhile. I realize that my posting or lack of it will not cause the celestial orbs to drop from the sky, but I really prefer to post everyday. Writing this BLOG is as much for myself as it is for my readers or my work at Liguori Publications.

There are seemingly a million different sites purporting to help you promote your BLOG. I've played with a few and researched a lot. What I've been happiest with (in my 1 whole month in the Blogosphere) is BLOGExplosion. BLOGExplosion provides a neat array of tools for directing people to your site and a controled method of examining other sites. My review of other sites has shown me how lacking this site is in functionality and is why I am working on a significant redesign. Anyway, as a result of being registered with BLOGExplosion, 379 people have visited this site (of course not all of them actually read it, but they were here) and 4 people actually "BLOGmarked" this site for future returns.

I can't tell you how happy I am that someone would actually tag this site to come back. The only way that I can think of to acknowledge them is to mention them here.

Hey "Popup" thanks for the BLOGmark!

Hey "Petrus" thanks for the BLOGmark!

Hey "Neil43" who has 1, 2, 3 BLOGS. Thanks for the BLOGmark!

Hey "Kellyandie" thanks for the BLOGmark!

PLEASE leave a comment even if it is only to say that this BLOG makes you wretch. Even if that's your reaction, at least let me know how you found the site. I'm going to wrap up here and post some pictures.

Peace,

P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

3 Comments:

Blogger ninglun said...

Thanks, Philip :-)

9/18/2005 6:10 PM  
Blogger prying1 said...

Leaving comments is another good way to get people to visit your site. At least the person whose site you commented on will visit.

The comments must really be heartfelt and not just fishing for visitors.
- people can tell the difference and will remember. -

Plus you end up making more friends that way. - ex Catholic visiting through BE by the way. -

9/18/2005 6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thought-provoking, mootable pv. just my thoughts, well anyways gl & be chipper is what i say

12/20/2005 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home