Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A new BLOG in Liguori town?


Hello:

There are now (at least known to me) three Liguori Publications BLOGs in play. The official one where Liguori Press Releases are posted, the new Saintly Sinner by Dave and my own (Dark Glass) that you are reading. Of the three, I am certain that Dave's new BLOG will prove to have more appeal to those seeking insight into Catholic (or just personal) Spirituality.

Writing these posts is always an odd little journey. I may start with a particular destination in mind and then wind up someplace completely different. I may wind up where I intended, but get there by an unexpected route. One thing that I intended to mention yesterday was Catholic Relics. I bring it up because one of the many neat things about working at Liguori is that relics are almost common place items. I mean, you won't see something large like the heart of St. Valentine, but we have several bone chips of St. Gerard Majella and St Francis Xavier Seelos sitting non-chalantly on the occasional bookshelf. Not the type of thing that was common at other companies I have worked for.

Well, I think that I've finished off my thoughts from yesterday; so I'll feature a book for today and then wrap up. Today, I'd like to feature Be Mindful of Us Prayers to the Saints by Anthony Chiffolo. This book is a little more spiritual than titles I will normally feature. Definitely, the sort of thing Dave might write about at his Saintly Sinner Blog. This book contains short biographies of Saints with prayers in the style of their charism. I have found reading it to be a mood lifter. If you enjoy this one, be certain to check out our other titles by Anthony Chiffolo.

Well, I think that I've written more than enough for today. If you're still craving more (I can dream can't I?) feel free to visit my MS150 Fundraising Site. And of course, don't hesitate to leave me a comment.

Peace,

P. Del Ricci

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your blog enough to add it to my regular lunch schedule.

8/25/2005 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home