Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Liguori works to remain relevant to the modern Catholic


Hello:

Another crazy week has almost finished here at Liguori Publications. I don't think I mentioned it before but there is another Liguori BLOG. Check out Ligouri's 'official' BLOG site where we publish Press Releases regarding new products and special events. It's probably the most limited utilization of a BLOGs functionality that you will ever see. Depending on my experiences with this BLOG effort - there may be many new ones on the horizon.


Recognizing that it will become increasingly important for Liguori to stay in touch with the needs of parishes; we have recently met with John Howard of Parish Life Consulting for a more "in the trenches" perspective.


We have also placed more emphasis on the needs of the Hispanic Market via our Libros Liguori imprint. The company is putting some weight behind this effort. Myself and several other employees have been taking on-site Spanish classes once a week for the past year and a half. Our Spanish Professor is an interesting character named Emil St Pellicer. Born and raised in Africa (Morrocco), his Father was French and his Mother was Spanish. For variety, he served in the United States Army. I'm sure to mention Emil from time to time. As you might imagine, he is memorable. In addition to the classes, we occasionally have speakers present to the company on a variety of topics dealing with the Latino market. Today, we had Jorge DelGado, Director of Hispanic Ministries for the Archdiocese of Galveston - Houston giving a lecture.

I should be getting back to work, but I want to wrap this up by featuring one of our Spanish titles. Una espiritualidad para catequistasAl servicio del Pueblo de Dios by Richard R. Gaillardetz is one of our popular Spanish titles. I have to admit that I picked it to feature because my friend Israel Martinez (who is also an author) is on the cover. Israel no longer works here, but I would be remiss if I didn't point out his chubby cheeks.

Enjoy your weekend,

P. Del Ricci

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home