Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Del Ricci's Second Post - "A Man Who Became Pope"


Hello:

So the buzz around here today is that Hallmark Channel is broadcasting a new movie "A Man Who Became Pope". You may remember from my first post that I work for Liguori Publications (yes, that was a shameless link placement for SEO purposes). Anyway, one of our authors Gian Franco Svidercoschi wrote Stories of Karol: The Unknown Life of John Paul II and might be interviewed during a segment of the broadcast. The movie is "loosely based" on his book and they thought he could provide a good back story. It seems that they were still working on the production a few weeks ago when Hallmark contacted us trying to reach the author. The author lives in Italy and apparently the entire country takes vacation during the month of August. At this point (and the thing airs tonight) we don't know if he's in it or not. Now obviously, if he's in it - we'd like to promote that fact. Even if he isn't the movie is based on his book. It's all peering through a dark glass. Being a Catholic Publisher (I did mention that didn't I?) we of course have a lot of titles dealing with the Papacy in general and John Paul II specifically. One of my favorites is The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities: A Treasury of Trivia.

Whoops, started to drift which is a clear indicator that it is time to wind down a posting. Obviously, we don't have as much information about this broadcast as we would like and have not been able to properly prepare for promoting our product. I should be able to publish some additional links regarding the subject later. I hope that some of 'you' will find them of interest.

P. Del Ricci

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home