Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Redemptorists in New Orleans - Update

Hello:

I have some new information about our Redemptorists who were in New Orleans throughout Katrina's landfall. Tomorrow, I intend to return to my regular style of posting. I'm certain that I will continue to be mention the crisis, but I prefer not to keep wringing my hands over the situation when I can't directly affect it. At 2:30 PM today Liguori Publications gathered to pray the rosary. The thoughts and prayers of all of us go out to the victims of this natural disaster.

Below is the text of an email update sent through the company earlier today. Contact has been reestablished with the missing Fathers and they are being evacuated to the campus here at Liguori.

Peace,

P. Del Ricci

************************************************************************************

We just now heard from the men at Biloxi. They are all safe and sound. A good Samaritan parish member was able to make contact on his cell phone and we spoke with Earl Toups and Warren Drinkwater. They said the other guys, Al Babin, Joe Armshaw, and Ed Cosgrove are with them. They are all well and uninjured any way. They are getting some food and water from the Diocese Outreach, but they do not have electric, phone service, etc. Warren drove into the area on gas fumes. The other cars are completely demolished, Warren's is the only one working, but no gas. By a miracle the house is still standing.
Paul Coury is working on a plan to have someone, possibly from Baton Rouge, as they are the closest, to rescue them and following that, they will go to Liguori. Baton Rouge is full, plus there will be medical attention available and there is plenty of room at Liguori.
Please, please keep everyone in your prayers and especially the situation in New Orleans and the people there.

Barb

Administrative Assistant
Redemptorists-Denver Provincial Office

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelly said...

Thank goodness they're all right! This whole mess of Katrina certainly puts a sick feeling in my stomach. And don't sell yourself short. Every little little bit counts, even posting about people who survived helps someone who may be googling about that person. Just remember the ripple effect!
Take care!

9/02/2005 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home