Through a dark glass - musings on the Catholic Church from an outsider on the inside

I hope more eyes than my own will visit this site and find it of interest. Perhaps my perspective as a non-Catholic working for Liguori Publications will intrique. From time to time, my thoughts may scandalize but I hope they never bore.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Bias in the Liguorian Book Reviews?

Hello:

I've spent more time than I care to admit today working on a post that will probably fail to achieve anything that I intend it to. Since it isn't quite ready for the limelight (and any resulting tomatoes) I'd like to distract you with (I mean turn your attention to) an excellent post by my friend and co-worker, Simple Brother (or Dave as I call him). I've mentioned Dave a time or two before. He writes Saintly Sinner, another Liguori related BLOG. Though I would never admit it to him, Dave is an extremely well educated and intelligent person. His combination of intelligence, compassion and mirth make him a strong asset to Liguori Publications (and to the group of miscreants I eat lunch with every day). This particular post of his deals with a recent frustration he has experienced administering the monthly book reviews in Liguorian Magazine. Without any further rambling from me, please check out You're not biased in any way, are you?.
Peace,

P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

PS - I'm trying to make the titles of my posts more search engine friendly, which sometimes makes them seem odd to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Thank you, Phillip, for the boost from your site over to mine. I would really like to hear from other points of view both on the question of the School of the Americas, and on the issue of judging others opinions in spite of the individual "biases" we all hold onto.

See you at lunch tomorrow!
Dave

10/24/2005 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home